As we are going through a period of pandemic and most of the people are now in lockdown, the studies are done through online classes. Use this 10 Lines on World Health Organisation to enhance your knowledge about WHO.
10 Lines on World Health Organization
- The World Health Organization is an agency of the United Nations that takes care of public health.
- The current Director-General of WHO is Tedros Adhanom, he began his five-year term on 1 July 2017.
- The headquarter of WHO is in Geneva, Switzerland, with six regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.
- The first meeting of the World Health Assembly was held on 24 July 1948.
- The WHO stands up for universal healthcare, advising public health risks, and promoting human health.
- It provides support to countries and sets standards and guidelines for health practices.
- World Health Organization collects data on global health issues through the World Health Survey.
- WHO publishes the World Health Report, which provides expert evaluations of global health statistics on all nations.
- The World Health Organization has played a chief role in several public health achievements, like the elimination of smallpox, polio, etc.
- WHO has the main hand in the development of an Ebola vaccine, We may hope they develop a vaccine to COVID-19 too.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel here.